Thursday, December 23, 2010

When the Schneken Beckin's

We have this thing. Okay, I have this thing, that whenever I go grocery shopping I always treat myself to something sweet - a schneken. So, which ever one of my children are with me also benefit.

Yesterday, Marcus was the lucky child. As I was picking out fruit and veggies, he was thinking about all the different kinds of donuts or cookies he could get. After I narrowed it down for him, "We're going to get a cookie." (Because those are free to kids), Marcus decided it would be an M&M cookie.

I said, "Well, we'll see. It depends on what kind they have."

Sure enough, when I went over to the cookie platter, they had two with M&M's. I chose the one on the top and gave it to him. "Look," I said. "Just what you wanted!"

Marcus looked at it - his little face, evidently not pleased. "It doesn't have a lot of M&M's."

"Well, no, but that's the one you got, so you should be happy."

He came around enjoyed his first bite. After two more little bites it crumbled and fell onto the floor. I picked it up and blew on it (5 sec rule), but then I looked at the floor. Pretty disgusting.

"Hey, let's go back and ask for another one."

I explained to the lady that the cookie fell and she said, by all means, grab another.

I looked and saw that one cookie with M&M's remained. It was loaded with M&M's! So, Marcus got his wish. Sometimes, things just work out the way you want them. (Anyone who's read The Secret and knows about the Law of Attraction, might suggest this was more than luck.)

No comments:

Post a Comment